This course is designed to help you improve your interactions with other people in your workplace or at home. In this course participants are given the opportunity to improve the critical communication skills of listening, asking questions and being aware of nonverbal messages. This course can also help participants who are struggling to find that middle ground between being too aggressive and too passive, and how to counter the manipulative tactics of difficult people.
Participants also learn more about the elements of our communication with others that help us reveal appropriate information about ourselves, and how to get a handle on how to better manage ourselves for a professional image.
What Will You Learn?
- 10 commandments of positive relationships
- Feeling competent
- Communication barriers
- Asking good questions
- Listening skills
- Johari Windows
- Improving your self-image
- Five approaches to relationships
- Your frame of reference
- The assertive formula
- Saying no
- Instruction by an expert facilitator
- Small, interactive classes
- Specialized manual and course materials
- Personalized certificate of completion