There have been a number of studies that identify the key skills that workers need to be successful. Various studies call them different things – critical employability skills, soft skills, or transferrable skills. Regardless of the name these skills are critical for workplace success. Seven of the most commonly identified skills are: Being a Productive Team Member, Flexibility, Problem Solving, Resourcefulness, Giving and Receiving Feedback, Self-Confidence, Creative Thinking and Emotional Intelligence. Many of us possess one or more of these attributes already and perhaps all of them. Luckily these skills can be improved upon through training.
This one-day course looks to take you from where you are now to a new level of understanding for the key skills that will help to make you successful at work.
What You Will Learn?
- Know your own team member roles and responsibilities
- Understand ways to be flexible in times of change
- Know what a problem is and ways to approach problem solving
- Appreciate the variety of behaviors that characterize resourcefulness in the workplace
- Realize the uses of feedback to increase strengths as leaders in the workplace
- Identify tips to giving and receiving feedback
- Instruction by an expert facilitator
- Small, interactive classes
- Specialized manual and course materials
- Personalized certificate of completion
What Topics are Covered?
- Being a Team Player
- Problem Solving
- Feedback Self-Confidence
- Creative Thinking
- Emotional Intelligence