Marijuana is one of the most commonly used mind-altering substances in the world. The laws on growing, selling, possessing and consuming marijuana vary greatly from one jurisdiction to another. Whatever the law may allow in your area, having employees under the influence of marijuana can create problems for your workplace in terms of safety and lost productivity. In this course, you will learn how to lower the risks and respond to issues that may arise.
What You Will Learn?
- Understand what marijuana and other forms of cannabis are and how they are used
- Understand how marijuana use affects a person physically, cognitively, and behaviorally
- Recognize the signs of marijuana impairment
- Define the potential issues marijuana use creates in the workplace
- Understand the legal rights of employers and employees with regards to cannabis use in the workplace
- Respond to incidents of suspected marijuana use in the workplace
- Develop a proactive workplace drug and alcohol policy
- Instruction by an expert facilitator
- Small, interactive classes
- Specialized manual and course materials
- Personalized certificate of completion
What Topics are Covered?
- Drugs and the Workplace
- Workplace Impacts
- Medical Marijuana
- How to Intervene
- Drug and Alcohol Policy