This course is for business owners who are new to managing people. This class is designed to help participants overcome many of the supervisory problems they will encounter as a boss. Dealing with the many problems a manager encounters isn’t easy, but it doesn’t have to lead to discouragement.
With a host of new challenges and responsibilities to tackle, new managers need training like never before. Learning how to supervise employees on a trial and error basis is a high risk and can lead to you going out of business. This course will help you overcome many of the problems those new to management may encounter.
What You Will Learn?
- A manager’s responsibilities
- How to use the urgent-important matrix to plan and prioritize
- How to deal with difficult employees and manage conflicts
- The three approaches to motivation
- The degrees of delegation and common pitfalls
- Tools for providing feedback
- Various kinds of discipline and what to do if you have to fire an employee
- Instruction by an expert facilitator
- Small, interactive classes
- Specialized manual and course materials
- Personalized certificate of completion
What Topics are Covered?
- Making Plans
- The Situational Leadership Model
- Dealing with Difficult Employees
- Managing Conflict
- Dealing with Others
- Team Development
- Providing Feedback