This workshop concentrates on the pre-interview preparation, developing questions and their value, the interview techniques that get specific, behavior-based examples of past performance, and the strategies that follow through on this process. This workshop takes the behavioral interview even further with a twelve-step process to hiring top performers.
What You Will Learn?
- Have a process for creating competency requirements for any given position
- Understand why behavioral interviews are two to five times more accurate than traditional interviews.
- Identify the principles of behavioral, performance-based selection methods.
- Recognize the pattern of behavioral questions and use this pattern to design job-specific, behavioral, performance-based questions.
- Enhance professional interviewing skills with effective communication strategies and behavioral interviews techniques
- Develop a defensible scoring and evaluation process
- Instruction by an expert facilitator
- Small, interactive classes
- Specialized manual and course materials
- Personalized certificate of completion
What Topics are Covered?
- The cost of hiring errors
- Why use behavioral interview techniques
- How to get the information you need
- How to identify competencies and performance dimensions
- Writing the interview questions
- Defensible resume screening
- Developing an effective interview format
- Ethical and legal issues
- Interviewing techniques
- Reports vs. proposals
- Reference Checks