Today’s world is full of the unexpected. System failures, terrorism events, disease outbreaks, and superstorms disrupt businesses every day, sometimes to an unrecoverable point. Despite these challenges, some services (such as power plants, hospitals, and airports) have no choice but to continue operating.
This one-day course will explore how these organizations maintain high reliability even in times of serious crisis and stability. We will share their secrets in a way that can be applied to all organizations in order to create high reliability and continued success.
What Will You Learn?
- Define the characteristics of a high reliability organization
- Define key concepts required for high reliability, including mindfulness and expectations
- Describe the five principles governing high reliability organizations: preoccupation with failure, resistance to simplification, sensitivity to operations, commitment to resilience, and deference to expertise
- Audit activities at all stages to assess the business’ reliability
What topics are covered?
- What is a High Reliability Organization?
- Key Concepts
- The Anticipation Principles
- The Containment Principles
- Auditing for High Reliability
- Test Driving
Accessing this course requires a login. Please enter your credentials below!